Need reviewers for changes in JVM initialization code (added check for -XX:StackShadowPages option)

Tom Rodriguez tom.rodriguez at oracle.com
Tue Jul 27 11:49:52 PDT 2010

I think you could put this check into arguments.cpp since I all platforms would require a positive number for the StackShadowPages.  The same should be true of StackRedPages and StackYellowPages.  Actually they all should be required to greater than 0 I think.  Other than that I don't see other obvious constraints on the values.  That bug report doesn't really show other problematic values, though I'm not sure I follow the point of the guarantee that's failing either.  What does the min stack size have to do with the number of guard pages?  I would expect it to be checking against ThreadStackSize and returning an error if it was too small like the other places that check against TheadStackSize.

tom