Crash when using a built JVM

Krystal Mok rednaxelafx at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:54:48 PDT 2012

Hi Azeem,

Did you build the HotSpot VM only, and put it in a Oracle JDK7u4 installation?

This kind of mix-and-match used to work without problems (mostly), but in JDK7u4 there are new proprietary features in Oracle JDK (e.g. Java Flight Recorder) that's not part of OpenJDK. You're getting a segfault caused by null pointer in JFR-related code.

You should probably build the entire JDK and use that, instead of mixing it with Oracle JDK on 7u4.

P.S. This discussion may be better suited on hotspot-dev, since it's not a compiler problem. Cc'ing.

- Kris