Request for Review: Make the Queens test ("test in build") an option that can be disabled

Magnus Ihse Bursie magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com
Tue May 15 02:31:16 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-15 04:00, David Holmes wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
> Two queries:
>
> 1. Shouldn't you skip building test_gamma as well as running it ?
Sure, I can fix that.

> 2. Cross-compilation builds have to skip this too. Presently this is
> done by adding a cross-compilation check inside the test_gamma script
> that gets generated by buildtree.make - but it seems to me
> cross-compilation builds should simply set TEST_IN_BUILD=false
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I modified the check in defs.make to
one that sets TEST_IN_BUILD to false if it is not already set, and
CROSS_COMPILE_ARCH is set, but true otherwise. That way you won't have
to modify your scripts.

New webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ihse/make-test-in-build-an-option/webrev.01/

/Magnus