Obtaining methods executed at least once?

Ben Evans benjamin.john.evans at gmail.com
Wed May 16 05:04:51 PDT 2012

Hi Andreas,

OK, I'll bite with a couple of questions:

1) Why do you want this information? Is it purely informative, or are
you planning to make use of it in some way? If you're planning to use
it - what uses do you have in mind?

2) What do you mean by "inlined at compilation". When dealing with
HotSpot, always remember that there are two separate things which
could be thought of as 'compilation' - there's the process which
creates classfiles (e.g. javac) and there's the process which creates
machine code from hot methods - JIT compilation. It isn't clear to me
which of these two processes you mean.

Thanks,

Ben