request for codereview, bug 7149528: easy usage of serviceability agent

Staffan Larsen staffan.larsen at oracle.com
Tue May 22 04:39:39 PDT 2012

Yumin,

Thanks for doing this!

I still wonder if we should support -startsvr in the new launcher, given that we already have a jsadebugd launcher that does exactly that. I don't like having two ways of doing the same thing that we have to support. Either we have jsadebugd or we have "jsa -startsvr", but I think it will be a lot of work to remove jsadebugd so it's simpler to leave it and remove the -startsvr flag.

I think the usage instructions could be made easier to read by splitting them on multiple lines for the "live process" case and the "core" case. See the output from jsadebugd for an example. It would also be good if these two tools used the same terminology.

A couple of nits for SAMain:
* the case statements do not need parentheses around the value: "case (0):" should be "case 0:"
* line 35: missing space before {
* line 37: missing space after the if
* line 37: always use {} and newlines after if
* line 42 & 43: I prefer having the method implementation on a new line after the declaration

Thanks,
/Staffan