CCC (Was: request for codereview, bug 7149528: easy usage of serviceability agent)

Joe Darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Wed May 23 08:32:58 PDT 2012

Hi Mark,

On 5/23/2012 12:20 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:22:09AM -0700, Joe Darcy wrote:
>> This state
>> model is explained in the "process" link at the top of every ccc
>> page and was additionally explained in a tech talk I gave earlier
>> this year:
>>
>>      http://j2se.us.oracle.com/web/pub/PrgMgmt/TechTalks/ccc-and-you.pdf
>>
>> Please do not blame excessive wait times on the ccc process when the
>> ccc is not being used as documented

Oops; thought I was sending to an internal alias.  In any case, the ccc
is currently an Oracle-internal process for reviewing and tracking
interface changes to the JDK.  I've been chairing the process for about
the past two years.

> It looks like that site isn't publicly reachable. Could you put the
> document somewhere on openjdk.java.net or another more public place?
> I recently got a question about submitting a CCC request in response
> to one of my patches, but found very little documentation.

The long-standing intention is to externalize the ccc process as part of
the overall effort to open up the JDK-related infrastructure, like the
bug system.  When that occurs, I'll provide appropriate documentation
about the intention of the process, how it process works, and so on.

Cheers,

-Joe