RFR: 8003310: Enable -Wunused when compiling with GCC

Mikael Vidstedt mikael.vidstedt at oracle.com
Mon Nov 12 19:59:20 PST 2012

All,

Please review the below change. The change adds the -Wunused flag when
compiling with GCC and removes a number of unused functions/dead code.

In the process I found one function (same_page) which was duplicated in
four different places. I merged it to a single function, renamed it to
clamp_address_in_page, added some comments and refactored it to be
slightly easier to understand. I also added unit tests for it. Feedback
appreciated (especially on the name).

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mikael/8003310/webrev.00/

Passes JPRT and the built-in unit tests (-XX:+ExecuteInternalVMTests).

Thanks,
Mikael