RFR: 8003310: Enable -Wunused when compiling with GCC

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Thu Nov 15 19:21:50 PST 2012

On Nov 15, 2012, at 4:20 PM, Mikael Vidstedt wrote:

> src/share/vm/opto/block.cpp:void edge_dump(GrowableArray<CFGEdge *> *edges)
> src/share/vm/opto/block.cpp:void trace_dump(Trace *traces[], int count)

Those are from 2008, which was a very good year, but they can be retired now.

Note that they are inside "#ifndef PRODUCT".  There would also be almost no harm in keeping useful non-product functions, so anything that looks slightly useful for debugging should probably be kept.  But these guys are specialized and simple to recreate, so I don't think they clear the bar.

— John