RR(S) 8030941: Darwin mapfile-vers doesn't work for other BSD

Dmitry Samersoff dmitry.samersoff at oracle.com
Sat Dec 21 08:34:55 PST 2013

Hi Everybody,

I'd debug out last blocker for clear build of hotspot on FreeBSD.

Darwin's mapfile-vers couldn't be used for FreeBSD (and probably other
BSDs) so changed makefiles to use generic one if we are not on Darwin.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8030941/webrev.01/

PS:

As mapfile-vers is essentially the same for all platforms except Darwin
it might make sense to create a separate directory and put it to a
single place.

--
Dmitry Samersoff
Oracle Java development team, Saint Petersburg, Russia