RFR [8039152] Need a way to suppress message when picking up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS

Ivan Gerasimov ivan.gerasimov at oracle.com
Thu Apr 3 12:23:19 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

At the start time hotspot is scanning a couple of environment variables
(JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS and _JAVA_OPTIONS) and picks up the options from them.
If these were found, a message is printed to the stderr about what's
going on.
Sometimes this message is not desirable and we need to have a way to
turn it off.

May I please have a review for a simple fix which introduces another
option (-XX:+SuppressJavaOptsOutput), which when specified among the
other options in the env variable, will suppress the message output.

BUGURL: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8039152
WEBREV: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8039152/0/webrev/

Sincerely yours,
Ivan