RFR (XS) 8033946 - Hotspot build should ignore "ide" folder

Gerard Ziemski gerard.ziemski at oracle.com
Thu Sep 4 17:59:06 UTC 2014

hi Karen,

The Xcode project is just to build hotspot libs, which it then combines
with all the other JDK libs and jars built beforehand using command
line, to create a complete JDK build that can be ran using Xcode for
live debugging hotspot.

I have made a deliberate decision, which may have not been the right
one, to put the project inside the hotspot folder, so that one can have
multiple jdks and Xcode projects at the same time and tightly coupled. A
long term vision here is that eventually we may consider providing
officially supported projects for modern IDE that build hotspot to the
developer community - a "jdk/hotspot/ide" location seemed like a logical
choice for storing project that is supposed to go along with hotspot.

cheers