JEP 248: Make G1 the Default Garbage Collector

Ben Evans ben at jclarity.com
Fri Jun 5 09:50:15 UTC 2015

(Resend from the account that's actually subscribed to hotspot-dev ...)
Hi Mark & Charlie,

Thanks for the summary.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the plan - but I would like a bit more
of an idea of what quantitative data & experiences we would need to
prove whether G1 was ready or not.

I've conducted a survey of apps via the user groups & should have some
data on how many apps run with default collectors later on today.

Thanks,

Ben

--
Ben Evans, Co-founder jClarity @jclarity