RFR (L): 8046148: JEP 158 Unified JVM Logging

Marcus Larsson marcus.larsson at oracle.com
Mon Sep 14 13:18:10 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-11 15:51, Coleen Phillimore wrote:

> I'm not a big fan of having these blanks in the logging lines.  I
> don't think making the line length longer is going to be helpful and
> what people are looking for is the message at the end, not which tag
> and level they used.  I think they look kind of strange.
>
> Coleen

While it might look a bit weird, I think it can help readers to quickly
find the start of the actual log message. Maybe we could leave it as it
is for now, deferring the decision if we want the padding or not until
we have some real logs to look at. If we find the padding inconvenient
at that point we can just remove it in a follow-up RFE.

Thanks,
Marcus