RFR (XXL): JEP 243: Java-Level JVM Compiler Interface

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Wed Sep 23 11:43:13 UTC 2015

Can't say much about top changes but they work so I assume they are correct.

I looked on C++ code.

We have a lot #if defined(COMPILER2) || INCLUDE_JVMCI
May be we should define one value #if defined(HIGH_TIER_COMPILER) ?

vmStructs_x86.hpp we may need to add new VM_Version values added recently:

     CPU_RTM      = (1 << 24), // Restricted Transactional Memory
instructions
     CPU_ADX      = (1 << 25),
     CPU_AVX512F  = (1 << 26), // AVX 512bit foundation instructions

Several places (14) in new code use %p which we should change to
PRT_FROMAT or similar.

Vladimir