[8u] RFR: JDK-8141551: C2 can not handle returns with incompatible interface arrays

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Mon Apr 18 16:17:37 UTC 2016

On 4/18/16 5:39 AM, Volker Simonis wrote:
> Hi Shafi,
>
> please not that I'm not a formal jdk8u reviewer.
>
> The change to the source files looks good. Where did the change not
> applied cleanly?

Looks like it is new() vs new(Compiler) Node allocation known difference.
I verified that changes are matching jdk 9 changes except new() difference.

> I'm only a little worried about the test because it uses the
> '@modules' tag. But if it runs and executed fine with jdk8u it's fine.

The test should not have @modules for jdk8u since it is not supported there.

JPRT does not run jtreg tests when testing jdk8u sources (only one very
simple ExecuteInternalVMTests.java):

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8u/jdk8u-dev/hotspot/file/d025821b6b6d/test/TEST.groups#l131

You should run jtreg tests yourself using your jdk8u as test jdk.

Please, verify results of your testing before pushing.

Thanks,
Vladimir