RFR(M) 8147461: Use byte offsets for vtable start and vtable length offsets

Chris Plummer chris.plummer at oracle.com
Thu Jan 21 03:17:35 UTC 2016

Hi Mikael,

The changes look good except I think you should get someone from the
compiler team to make sure the change in
HotSpotResolvedJavaMethodImpl.java and HotSpotVMConfig.java are ok. I'm
not sure why you chose to remove instanceKlassVtableStartOffset() rather
than just fix it.

I think some of your changes may conflict with my changes for
JDK-8143608. Coleen is pushing JDK-8143608 for me once hs-rt opens up.
I'd appreciate it if you could wait until after then before doing your push.

thanks,

Chris