JDK-8160310: HotSpot cannot be built with GCC 6

Yasumasa Suenaga yasuenag at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 03:57:25 UTC 2016

Hi David, Kim,

I've filed this as JDK-8160310, and uploaded new webrev for discussion.
(Not review request)

   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/jdk9-for-gcc6/hotspot.01/

> Some of these appear to be just plain bug fixes, and I wonder why the
> code is working now?  For example, the change at
> src/share/vm/classfile/classLoaderData.cpp:145 seems suspicious.

I analyzed this crash with GDB, and this fix works fine.
Please see hs_err log on JIRA.

> Some of these are just cleanups, like
> src/share/vm/oops/oop.inline.hpp:542, but it's post-FC.

I understood.
But I do not understand well why this cheange works fine.
So I want to discuss about it.
(I uploaded hs_err log to JIRA.)

Thanks,

Yasumasa