enhancement of cmpxchg and copy_to_survivor for ppc64

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Thu May 19 11:56:58 UTC 2016

On 19/05/2016 7:53 PM, Andrew Haley wrote:
> The AArch64 code for this isn't ideal, of course.  I'll submit
> an AArch64 version as soon as this goes in.  Do I need a different
> bug ID?

There are now two bugs for this:

8155949: Support relaxed semantics in cmpxchg

is adding the new API, with a relaxed implementation for PPC.

8154736: enhancement of cmpxchg and copy_to_survivor for ppc64

is for the actual GC code changes to use the relaxed cmpxchg API.

I will be shepherding 8155949 through the post FC process (once we know
what it is). If you can provide the Aarch64 code before that completes
then it can go in with the other changes under this bug. Otherwise it
will need a separate bug.

Cheers,
David