RFR(S) : 8166129 : hitting vmassert during gtest execution doesn't generate core and hs_err files

Igor Ignatyev igor.ignatyev at oracle.com
Mon Oct 3 20:33:34 UTC 2016

Kim,

> Does this change eliminate the need for this (IMO misplaced) bit of code in the vmassert macro?
unfortunately not, since we still disable fatal error reporting for assert tests, we need to have that code to support TEST_VM_ASSERT_MSG tests — assert tests which check that expected assert message is printed out. I agree that bit of code does not really look nice, but I’d prefer to work on that issue separately.

Thanks,
— Igor