RFR 8191987: TLAB Refills for PPC64

JC Beyler jcbeyler at google.com
Wed Dec 20 20:30:24 UTC 2017

Hi all,

The TLAB and the inline contiguous allocations handling are different
for each architecture. On certain architectures, TLAB is never
actually never refilled (ref:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8190862).

The PPC patch really only removes the code that augments the TLAB
waste limit since that is already done in the common code slow path.

Due to a double jump, there is an additional change to have code from
SkipIfEqualZero available so that we don't have to manually generate
that code in the template code.

WebRev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rasbold/8191987/webrev.03/

Let me know what you think and if someone could test/verify it, that
would be great.

Thanks for your help,
Jc