JDK10/RFR(S): 8182711: Re/Introduce private interface for HW-specific prefetch options in SPARC VM_Version.

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Wed Jun 28 16:18:42 UTC 2017

Hi Patric,

I think simple undo 8016470 changes will not do.

As discussed I agreed that you will restore methods in .hpp files but
they should not check flags. They should only return HW specific or
default values similar to other methods in .hpp files. Settings based on
flags should be done in .cpp files.

You also mixed in sparcv9 changes which is fine with me.

Thanks,
Vladimir