Fw: throwing static exceptions sometimes VERY slow!

Wieland, Jacob Jacob.Wieland at spirent.com
Thu Mar 2 13:54:39 UTC 2017

0: loops: 1000000000
     66    1             java.lang.Object::<init> (1 bytes)
     68    2             java.lang.Number::<init> (5 bytes)
     69    3     n       java.lang.System::nanoTime (native)   (static)
     84    4             java.lang.String::indexOf (70 bytes)
     86    5             java.lang.String::hashCode (55 bytes)
0: Thu Mar 02 14:50:41 CET 2017: 178532
     88    6             java.util.concurrent.atomic.AtomicLong::get (5 bytes)
     88    8     n       sun.misc.Unsafe::compareAndSwapLong (native)
     88    7             java.util.concurrent.atomic.AtomicLong::compareAndSet (13 bytes)
     88    9             java.util.Random::next (47 bytes)
     88   10             java.math.BigInteger::add (178 bytes)
     97   11             java.math.BigInteger::valueOf (62 bytes)
     97   12             java.math.BigInteger::<init> (77 bytes)
     98   13             java.math.BigInteger::<init> (24 bytes)
     98   14             java.math.BigInteger::add (123 bytes)
     98   15             java.lang.Math::random (17 bytes)
     99   16             java.util.Random::nextDouble (24 bytes)
    101   17 % !         de.tu_berlin.cs.uebb.muttcn.runtime.Test::measure @ 70 (549 bytes)
    123   17 % !         de.tu_berlin.cs.uebb.muttcn.runtime.Test::measure @ -2 (549 bytes)   made not entrant
    124   18 % !         de.tu_berlin.cs.uebb.muttcn.runtime.Test::measure @ 70 (549 bytes)
   8802   18 % !         de.tu_berlin.cs.uebb.muttcn.runtime.Test::measure @ -2 (549 bytes)   made not entrant
0: Thu Mar 02 14:50:50 CET 2017: 620776
   8803   19 % !         de.tu_berlin.cs.uebb.muttcn.runtime.Test::measure @ 70 (549 bytes)
0: Thu Mar 02 14:50:56 CET 2017: 128566
  21909   19 % !         de.tu_berlin.cs.uebb.muttcn.runtime.Test::measure @ -2 (549 bytes)   made not entrant
  21909   14             java.math.BigInteger::add (123 bytes)   made not entrant
  21909   10             java.math.BigInteger::add (178 bytes)   made not entrant
  21911   20 % !         de.tu_berlin.cs.uebb.muttcn.runtime.Test::measure @ 70 (549 bytes)
  21914   21             java.math.BigInteger::add (178 bytes)
  21921   22             java.math.BigInteger::add (123 bytes)
0: Thu Mar 02 14:51:04 CET 2017: 2974443
0: Thu Mar 02 14:51:05 CET 2017: 103290
  44839   20 % !         de.tu_berlin.cs.uebb.muttcn.runtime.Test::measure @ -2 (549 bytes)   made not entrant
  44840   23 % !         de.tu_berlin.cs.uebb.muttcn.runtime.Test::measure @ 70 (549 bytes)
0: Thu Mar 02 14:51:35 CET 2017: 2076623
0: Thu Mar 02 14:51:36 CET 2017: 333400
0: Thu Mar 02 14:51:37 CET 2017: 240985
0: Thu Mar 02 14:51:39 CET 2017: 1360262
0: Thu Mar 02 14:51:40 CET 2017: 2993867
0: Thu Mar 02 14:51:48 CET 2017: 794752
  67360   22             java.math.BigInteger::add (123 bytes)   made not entrant
  67362   24             java.math.BigInteger::add (123 bytes)
0: Thu Mar 02 14:52:03 CET 2017: 146861
0: Thu Mar 02 14:52:14 CET 2017: 312026
0: Thu Mar 02 14:52:23 CET 2017: 353730
 104327   23 % !         de.tu_berlin.cs.uebb.muttcn.runtime.Test::measure @ -2 (549 bytes)   made not entrant
 104327   11             java.math.BigInteger::valueOf (62 bytes)   made not entrant
0: longThrows: 14 average time: 901293
0: shortThrows: 999999986 average time: 19
0: sum: 19999665505
0: average throw time: 19

That was run using nice -19 to minimize interaction with other processes.

BR

[X]

Dr. Jacob Wieland

Senior Software Engineer

main    +49.30.7261919.34

mobile +49.173.6446443

jacob.wieland at spirent.com<mailto:jacob.wieland at spirent.com>

www.spirent.com

Follow us on:

Spirent Communications

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/spirent-communications>[X]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/spirent-communications>|<https://twitter.com/Spirent>[X]<https://twitter.com/Spirent>|<https://www.facebook.com/spirent>[X]<https://www.facebook.com/spirent>

Michaelkirchstraße 17/18

10179 Berlin, Germany

+++++  N E W S F L A S H  +++++

Spirent Communications and Testing Technologies join forces to become your test automation power-house. Read more at http://conta.cc/1S62BEY.