@HotSpotIntrinsicCandidate and native prefixes

Michael Rasmussen michael.rasmussen at zeroturnaround.com
Tue Mar 14 18:45:30 UTC 2017

On 14 March 2017 at 20:30, Vladimir Ivanov <vladimir.x.ivanov at oracle.com> wrote:
> Do you have any problems when the JVM issues such warnings?

We only just recently resumed our integration with JDK9 (was waiting
for the API (especially jigsaw) to stabilize), so I don't yet know the
full extend of these warnings, or if they will cause some actual
problems as well.

The warnings seems more of a nuisance than a problem, as we do add a
native-prefix to a lot of native methods, there are bounds to be some
hotspot intrinsic among them.
But for now, I'll just add it to the list of warnings that can be
ignored, most noticeably  the "JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both
... " warning on macOS, when launching with an agent.

/Michael