RFR(M): 8233787: Break cycle in vm_version* includes

Kim Barrett kim.barrett at oracle.com
Wed Nov 13 23:34:46 UTC 2019

> On Nov 13, 2019, at 11:42 AM, Schmidt, Lutz <lutz.schmidt at sap.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Kim,
>
> there is a new webrev at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lucy/webrevs/8233787.01/
>
> It should be pretty close to what you view as the "right approach". There weren't too many changes relative to 8233787.00. Most files already had #include runtime/vm_version.hpp.

This looks much better to me, but many (most?) of the changed
#includes need to be moved into sort order.

src/hotspot/share/runtime/vm_version.cpp

Abstract_VM_Version definitions should be moved to abstract_vm_version.cpp.
Maybe just rename the file; I think the only thing that would be left
for vm_version.cpp would be VM_Version_init().  But maybe that should
be left behind in vm_version.cpp?  Though that makes the review messier.

src/hotspot/share/runtime/abstract_vm_version.hpp

Should #include globalDefinitions.hpp.
- uint64_t features()
- #define SUPPORTS_NATIVE_CX8

Should forward-declare class outsputStream.
- print_virtualization_info
- print_matching_lines_from_file (I wonder why this is *here*, but not your problem)