RFR: 8252505: C1/C2 compiler support for blackholes [v11]

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 13:10:31 UTC 2020

On 12/2/20 1:18 PM, Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
> I would assume that `-XX:CompileCommand=blackhole,method` marks the
> method as a blackhole for the whole JVM instance (irrespective of what
> JIT is used or . Why can't you perform the query from the ciMethod
> itself? Or do you see controlling it on per-compilation basis valuable?

Well, actually I thought it should be like "inline", which consults compiler directive sets.

But there is no compiler-specific setting for "blackhole", as DirectiveSet::should_blackhole
delegates fully to CompilerOracle. So you're right, and we can indeed just do the global command,
and ask CompilerOracle straight in ciMethod. Did so in new commit.

--
Thanks,
-Aleksey