RFR: JDK-8257588: Make os::_page_sizes a bitmask [v2]

Thomas Schatzl tschatzl at openjdk.java.net
Thu Dec 3 13:42:58 UTC 2020

On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 13:23:41 GMT, Thomas Stuefe <stuefe at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/hotspot/share/runtime/os.cpp line 1860:
>>
>>> 1858: }
>>> 1859:
>>> 1860: // returns true if given page size is part of the set
>>
>> Same as for `add()`.
>
> Not possible, since its used from within os::Linux, os::Aix etc.

Your comment is probably related to the comment of making the `PageSizeSet` class private. Hmm, I did try that out though and compiled locally on Linux.... maybe I messed up somewhere. Leave it public then.

Otherwise I am a bit confused how this statement relates to the request to move the code comment to the .hpp file.