HOARD

Tony Printezis tony.printezis at sun.com
Thu Dec 20 16:21:47 UTC 2007

Keith,

Hi. You should just be able to use Hoard instead of whatever malloc
comes with the OS without and OS changes.

I just don't know whether the JVM will actually benefit from Hoard
though. We don't do that much malloc within the JVM (we manage all Java
objects ourselves). It'd be a nice exercise, though, if you're willing
to try it and share your experience on the list! :-) Maybe, it could be
a win if you have a native library that calls malloc extensively and
from many threads.

I'm CCing Mr Hoard so that he can share his wisdom. :-)

Regards and happy holidays everyone!

Tony

--
| Tony Printezis, Staff Engineer    | Sun Microsystems Inc.          |
|                                   | MS BUR02-311                   |