Proposed changes to the GC logging flags

Tony Printezis tony.printezis at sun.com
Fri Apr 4 16:43:01 UTC 2008

James Nichols wrote:
> I'd rather not have the format of the log changed, but simplifying the
> arguments would be great.  Isn't that the only change being proposed?
We're asking feedback on both.
> Doesn't everyone have a Perl script that they use to pull out the
> stuff from the log that's relevant and put it in gnuplot or Excel or
> something?
If we can provide you with a Java library that parses whatever format we
come up with and allows you to access the data from Java, in a sense
shielding you from GC log format changes, would that be a reasonable
compromise?

Tony

--
| Tony Printezis, Staff Engineer    | Sun Microsystems Inc.          |
|                                   | MS BUR02-311                   |
| e-mail: tony.printezis at sun.com    | 35 Network Drive               |
| office: +1 781 442 0998 (x20998)  | Burlington, MA01803-0902, USA  |