6423256: marking stacks should use a chunked data structure

John Coomes John.Coomes at sun.com
Wed Nov 5 23:36:36 UTC 2008

Scott Marlow (scott.marlow.opensource at gmail.com) wrote:
> Is anyone working on this bug yet?  From the bug report
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6423256, it sounds
> like someone started the work already.  I would like to help with the
> issue (either testing a proposed fix or submitting one).

Hi Scott,

Glad you want to help!  One of our (former) colleagues implemented
growable stacks just before he moved on to another group at Sun.  I'm
now the guardian of his changes.  I haven't looked at it in detail,
but I believe the code is complete and has had some testing.
Certainly more would be in order.

I'll post a webrev in a day or two.  If you're willing you can review
it and/or take the patch, build it and do some testing.

-John