CMS collection keep working during holiday

Ken--@newsgroupstats.hk dragonken at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 16:44:47 UTC 2008

Thanks for your quick response. The application started at 1/10 was crash
this morning. I lost the gc log file as I quickly restart the application to
avoid service interruption to our clients.

>From the hotspot error file(attached), it show that it crash when old
generation 99% full. Anyway, it's another problem.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19841670/hs_err_pid2476.log hs_err_pid2476.log

I have another application with similar JVM options set and have exactly
behavior:

JVM Options:

-Djava.security.policy=./java.policy -XX:+PrintGCDetails
-XX:+PrintGCTaskTimeStamps -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC -Xloggc:hkexquoteserver_gc.log
-Xms4G -Xmx4G -XX:NewSize=1G -XX:MaxNewSize=1G
-XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:+DisableExplicitGC
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:SurvivorRatio=4
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=70 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=18003

GC Logs:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19841670/gc.zip gc.zip

JConsole:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19841670/jconsole.jpg

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19841670/jconsole2.jpg

- long lasting CMSs from 426789 to 504376
- CMS cannot free space in old generation within this period. What I
expected is to free old-gen memory to around 500M full at 426789.
- concurrent mode failure at 504379

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ken