15 Minute Garbage Collection (promotion failed)

Robert Chansler chansler at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Sep 18 18:52:12 UTC 2008

Yes, I¹m the Rob Chansler of  the forum item. Thanks to Peter and Ramki for
the early analysis.

The gc logs are separate from from other system and user logs, so I¹m
comfortable sharing them.

One of the questions from the forum was about the many days without a CMS
collection. (I think I searched the logs properly!) I do not recall such
long intervals when I previously examined the logs. I¹ll peek to see if the
intervals are different on different clusters.