G1 heap growth very aggressive in spite of low heap usage

Tony Printezis tony.printezis at sun.com
Mon Mar 22 22:15:34 UTC 2010

Peter,

We have recently made some changes to G1 to re-use existing cmd line
parameters where appropriate instead of introducing new ones. In this
case I think we should actually observe GCTimeRatio instead of making
G1GCPercent a product flag. I opened "6937160: G1: should observe
GCTimeRatio" to track this.

Tony