RFR(S): G1: assert(da ? referent->is_oop() : referent->is_oop_or_null()) failed: referenceProcessor.cpp:1054

Ramki Ramakrishna y.s.ramakrishna at oracle.com
Mon Oct 3 22:03:27 UTC 2011

Looks good to me, John. I also like the fact that this is now more in
line with how
other collectors do reference discovery in hotspot (i.e. those objects
not in
the collection set are not eligible for discovery; of course the mixed
(young+old)
collections of G1 pose a different challenge, as you've outlined elsewhere).

Thanks also for the explanation of the race which triggered the assert.

-- ramki