Request for review (S): 7099454 /bin/sh does not support syntax used in the src/os/posix/launcher/launcher.script shell script

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Tue Oct 11 11:30:11 UTC 2011

Dmitry,

Thanks for looking at this closely. I would like to make sure that the
script is possible to run on Solaris as soon as possible. The intent
with my CR was not to improve or clean up the script. Thus, I am not
really inclined to go down the path of changing too much in the script
within the scope of this CR.

I think you point out some relevant issues with the current script. But
I think they will be better handled in separate CRs.

Thanks again.
Bengt