RFR(S): 7099824: G1: we should take the pending list lock before doing the remark pause

John Cuthbertson john.cuthbertson at oracle.com
Mon Oct 17 21:36:11 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

Can I have a couple of volunteers review these changes? The webrev can
be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~johnc/7099824/wevrev.0/

references on to the pending list. Whenever the JVM modifies the pending
list, it is supposed to synchronize with the ReferenceHandler thread and
acquire the pending list lock but G1's concurrent GC operations were not
doing so.

Testing: the GC test suite with both CMS and G1, and jprt.

Thanks,

JohnC