request for review (M): 4965777 GC changes to support use of discovered field for pending references

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Wed Sep 7 00:49:38 UTC 2011

Hi Ramki,

I reviewed the JDK webrev:
> JDK webrev:   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysr/4965777/jdk/webrev/

The change looks good.  I ran the JCK tests on solaris-i586
that I can reproduce the bug with JDK 7 and verify that they pass
with your fix.

It'd be good to write a regression test for this bug to be included
in the jdk fix.  I can help writing it if you want.

I didn't review the hotspot change but had a quick scan on it.
There is a typo "ir" in referenceProcessor.hpp L302 that I think you
meant "or"

302   // and thus whether ir not it uses the discovered field to chain

Thanks for fixing this long standing bug.
Mandy