RFR(M/L): 6484982: G1: process references during evacuation pauses

Tony Printezis tony.printezis at oracle.com
Tue Sep 13 18:44:10 UTC 2011

Bengt,

Please consider the following. John identified this small cleanup while
working on his changeset. If he cannot do it because he's not otherwise
touching that file, when will it be done? Should he add it to a to-do
list for the next time he touches thread.cpp (which might not be any
time soon, given that it's not a file we usually touch)? Or should he
send a blanket e-mail saying "if anyone is changing thread.cpp please
add this small cleanup to your changeset"? My gut feeling is that, if he
cannot do the cleanup as part of the changeset he's currently working
on, it will not be done any time soon, which is unfortunate. So, IMHO at
least, incorporating small cleanups like this (even if they are very
minor) is more important than not touching files not otherwise updated
by the fix for a CR and we should be able to get them in with very low
overhead.

Tony