Request for review (XS): 7091366 re-enable quicksort tests

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Mon Sep 26 20:41:51 UTC 2011

Vladimir,

Thanks for the comments!

You are right. If I remove the parentheses I have to also remove the
"static" keyword. On the other hand, if I keep the parentheses I can
also keep the "static" keyword. This compiles with all the compilers for
both jdk6 and jdk7.

I first made the change the way you suggested, but then I saw that the
old code (that I had removed with my change) was using the style with
parentheses and "static" keyword.
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/hsx/hotspot-gc/hotspot/diff/04760e41b01e/src/share/vm/oops/methodOop.cpp

I actually don't know exactly what the difference is or which one is
more correct. But I went for the one with the parentheses and static
since that seems to have worked before.

I am happy to change it either way. Any thoughts on which one that is
more correct?

Thanks,
Bengt