Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Request for review: 7174978: NPG: Fix bactrace builder for class redefinition

Jon Masamitsu jon.masamitsu at oracle.com
Wed Dec 19 16:23:12 UTC 2012

On 12/18/2012 11:55 AM, Coleen Phillimore wrote:

> On 12/18/2012 01:46 PM, Jon Masamitsu wrote:
>> Coleen,
>>
>> Changes look correct.
>>
>> You can run with -XX:+PrintReferenceGC to see if
>> there is an impact on the Reference processing time.
>
> I ran specjvm to see if there was an impact overall (at least for
> specjvm98).   Which test should I run this with and does your GC magic
> comparison script compare these numbers?

The scripts don't pick out the Reference processing time as far as  I know.

Regarding which tests, since the concern is that this fix might place
a burden on all applications, I think the refworkload with reference_server
would be good.   Point me at a build and I'll run it and look for GC
performance regressions.

Jon