Request for review (S): 7167069: 6 VM flags crash the VM when queried via jinfo

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Thu May 10 09:07:57 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Can I have some reviews of this simple fix:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~brutisso/7167069/webrev.00/

Sending this to both Runtime and GC. The change is in runtime code, but
all the concerned flags are GC flags and I plan to push this through the
GC repository unless there are any objections to that.

When command line flags with the double type were introduced the methods
Flag::print_on() and Flag::print_as_flag() were not updated
correspondingly. The Flag::print_on() method was updated as part of this
change:
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/hsx/hotspot-main/hotspot/rev/6ee479178066

But the Flag::print_as_flag() still didn't handle doubles.

I created a JTReg test that should test one flag of each supported type.

Thanks,
Bengt