RFR: 8008916 G1: Evacuation failed tracing event

Jesper Wilhelmsson jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com
Tue Apr 16 10:01:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

After several different versions and realizations about the worker threads in
G1, here is now a new version of the evacuation failed event.

To include the correct thread with each event has turned out to require more
work and footprint overhead than what can be motivated at this point, and since
any other solution would be confusing rather than informative, we have decided
not to include the thread information in the evacuation failed event for now.

The thread information was never a requirement in the first place, we just threw
it in there in the promotion failed event because it was easily available in the
parallel collectors and someone might be able to use it for debugging at some point.

An RFE [1] has been created to remind us to look at this again for G1.

The updated webrev is here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jwilhelm/8008916/webrev/

Bug: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8008916

[1]: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8012217