RFR(S/M) [Backports of] 8005032 and 8009536

John Cuthbertson john.cuthbertson at oracle.com
Mon Apr 29 20:07:24 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

Can I have a couple of volunteers review the back ports of the changes
for these two CRs:

  8005032: G1: Cleanup serial reference processing closures in
concurrent marking

and:

8009536: G1: Apache Lucene hang during reference processing

The exported changesets did not apply cleanly because of some event
based tracing changes, namely CMTask::worker_id() being changed to
CMTask::task_id() and
ReferenceProcessor::process_discovered_references() returning a value.
Back porting the changes for 8005032 reduce the number of conflicts when
importing the changes for 8009536.

Since the cleanup changes expose the problem fixed by 8009536, I'd like
to push both changesets together.

_8005032: G1: Cleanup serial reference processing closures in concurrent
marking_
The webrev for the back port of 8005032 can be found at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~johnc/8005032-hsx24-backport/webrev.0/. The
original hs25 changes can be found at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~johnc/8005032/webrev.1/.

Testing: GC test suite (also with ParallelGCThreads=0) and event based
tracing regression tests.

_8009536: G1: Apache Lucene hang during reference processing_
The webrev for just the hsx24 back port changes (applied on top of
8005032) can be found at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~johnc/8009536-hsx24-backport/webrev.1.8009536-hsx-backport/.
The combined webrev can be found at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~johnc/8009536-hsx24-backport/webrev.all/

The original changes for hsx25 can be found at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~johnc/8009536/webrev.2/.

Testing: GC test suite, the Apache Lucene uima tests with
MarkStackSize=32K entries.

Thanks,

JohnC