request for review (s) - 8005452: Create new flags for Metaspace resizing policy

Jon Masamitsu jon.masamitsu at oracle.com
Thu Feb 7 18:14:25 UTC 2013

Updated for the latest review comments.

8005452: NPG: Create new flags for Metaspace resizing policy

I've change the default value of MinMetaspaceFreeRatio and
MaxMetaspaceFreeRatio so that they have the values of
MinHeapFreeRatio and MaxHeapFreeRatio, respectively.  That makes the
values  used by NPG unchanged.  I need to do more performance
work to justify a change.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jmasa/8005452/webrev.04/

8006815: NPG: Trigger a GC for metadata collection just before the
threshold is exceeded.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jmasa/8006815/webrev.02/