RFR(XS): 8005875: G1: Kitchensink fails with ParallelGCThreads=0

John Cuthbertson john.cuthbertson at oracle.com
Thu Jan 10 00:41:23 UTC 2013

Hi Vitaly,

Thanks for looking over the changes. AFAICT checking if
_parallel_workers is not null is equivalent to checking that the number
of parallel marking threads is > 0. I went with the latter check as
other references to the parallel workers work gang are guarded by it.
I'm not sure why the code was originally written that way but my guess
is that, when originally written, the marking threads (like the
concurrent refinement threads currently) were not in a work gang.

Thanks,

JohnC