RFR(XS): 8001425: G1: Change the default values for certain G1 specific flags

Charlie Hunt chunt at salesforce.com
Tue Jan 15 18:01:31 UTC 2013

Hi John,

Completely agree with the excellent points you mention below (thanks for being thorough and listing them!).

Given G1 is (somewhat) positioned as a collector to use when improved latency is an important criteria, I think the tradeoffs are something people are willing to live with too.

Fwiw, you have my "ok" to go ahead with your suggestion to apply the new young gen bounds to all heap sizes.

hths,

charlie ...