RFR(XS): 8001425: G1: Change the default values for certain G1 specific flags

John Cuthbertson john.cuthbertson at oracle.com
Wed Jan 16 18:17:58 UTC 2013

Hi Kirk,

If there were a truly compelling reason then I would defend change and
*try* to explain the reason. In this case it was just conservatism -
changing the defaults of flags that can really alter behavior always
makes me slightly nervous. :)

What do you mean by an incremental mode for G1? Anything you can cite?

JohnC