Deallocating memory pages

Vitaly Davidovich vitalyd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 21:47:22 UTC 2013

Hi Hiroshi,

I don't have any experience with this and a quick Google didn't turn
anything up.  Browsing Linux kernel source (mm/madvise.c madvise_dontneed)
doesn't show anything that would return it (just EINVAL in some cases).  I
was only going by the man page for madvise, but it's a bit general.  I
guess I'd ignore this and leave your code as-is since I doubt the behavior
will change on Linux.  Sorry for the noise.

Thanks

Sent from my phone