RFR: 8019779 JDK 8 build failed due to hotspot crashed on Solaris 10u10 sparcv9/sparc with SS12u3 compiler

Coleen Phillmore coleen.phillimore at oracle.com
Wed Jul 24 19:40:34 UTC 2013

Hi Lois,
Reducing the optimization level of space.cpp (not sure about the other
one) might cause a noticeable performance regression in GC. The reason
that we added these miserable macros in space.hpp was for performance.
I think specjbb2000 (?) I am cc'ing the GC group because there are
multiple sets of macros that were written for performance and maybe the
ones in space.hpp (expanded in space.cpp) aren't so bad.   Maybe we
should finally get rid of these horrible macros instead.

If the performance checks out, this change looks good, and thank you for
doing such an impressive amount of testing on this change.

Coleen