RFR (S/M): 8014078: G1: improve remembered set summary information by providing per region type information

John Cuthbertson john.cuthbertson at oracle.com
Tue Jun 4 23:01:31 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

I think RegionTypeCounter should inherit from _ValueObj (by means of
VALUE_OBJ_CLASS_SPEC).

Also a couple of nitty questions (feel free to ignore):

* Does the value parameter to RegionTypeCounter::percent_of need to be
passed as a pointer? It looks like you pass the address of a field in
the RegionTypeCounter instance and then dereference.
* For continuous humongous would it make sense to skip them until we
process the StartsHumongous region and sum up the memory size and the
occupied value for the entire humongous region (HS and HC) before adding
to the humongous region counter?

Other than the above - it looks great!

Regards,

JohnC