RFR: 8013590: NPG: Add a memory pool MXBean for Metaspace

Erik Helin erik.helin at oracle.com
Tue Jun 11 15:27:59 UTC 2013

Hi Mikael and Jon,

thanks for reviewing!

I have updated the webrev. The changes from webrev.00 are:
- Only exposing the compressed class space memory pool if compressed
  classes are used.
- Renamed the name of the pool to "Compressed Class Space" (was
  "Compressed Klass Space", note the 'K').
- Renamed the variable _cks_pool to _compressed_class_pool.
- Using max_uintx instead of _undefined_size.
- Updated the test and the rest of the code to take these new change
  into account.

Please see new webrev at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ehelin/8013590/webrev.01/

On 2013-06-04, Jon Masamitsu wrote:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ehelin/8013590/webrev.00/test/gc/metaspace/TestMetaspaceMemoryPool.java.html
>
> The functions assertEquals(), assertTrue(), and assertDefined() seem
> useful.  Is there
> a more global place where they can be put so other can use them?

I agree that assertTrue and assertEquals should be move to a separate
file, but I think that assertDefined is mostly usable for tests dealing
with MXMemoryBeans (since defined is not always the same as "differ from
-1").

I would like to do these changes as a separate change. Jon, what do you
about that?

Thanks,
Erik